Classical musicians – especially young musicians – need to study new works by living composers. Built on the foundation of North Star Music’s successful first offering, Modern Music for New Singers: 21st Century American Art Songs, this collection will provide teachers with exciting new repertoire for small ensembles.
ELIGIBILITY INFORMATION AND SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
- Composers of all ages are eligible to submit their original songs.
- Each composer may submit no more than 4 songs.
- There is no fee for submission.
- Submission deadline is September 15, 2023.
- Notification of acceptance and contract will be sent by December 31, 2023.
Eligible works must adhere to the following criteria:
- Original works for any voice grouping of 2-4 singers and piano
- Composed no earlier than 2000
- Priority will be given to songs that are NOT from operas
- For previously published songs, upload a letter of express permission for use from the publisher.
- All text must be in the public domain, or upload letter of permission for use from the copyright holder.